The Y is a mission-driven, charitable organization in Central Maryland dedicated to developing the full potential of every individual through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
Impacting over 350,000 Central Marylanders, the Y will provide bold leadership in advancing a holistic approach to well-being that strengthens the community’s commitment to healthy living, youth development and social responsibility. We will actively engage the community to measurably improve well-being and the value of the Y in the lives of families, individuals and communities throughout Central Maryland.
Y overnight camps give youth a unique experience away from home where they are introduced to new experiences, new friends, and new discoveries about themselves and what they can accomplish!
CAMP HASHAWHA (ENTERING GRADES 3-10)
Located in Carroll County, Camp Hashawha inspires youth to stretch their imaginations, try new things, be confident, and expand their horizons.
Hashawha Center, 300 John Owings Rd., Westminster, MD 21158
CAMP HASHAWHA WEEKS & THEMES
- June 17 - June 21 | Maryland My Maryland
- July 1 - July 5 | Wild Wild Y Camp
- July 15 - July 19 | Around the World
- July 22 - July 26 | Game of Gnomes
- August 5 - August 9 | Mystery Week
- August 12 - August 16 | Tag, You're It!
Archery, Camp Fires, Fishing, Sports, Swimming/Swim Lessons, Canoeing, Tons of Games, Crafts, Confidence Course, Environmental Education, Team Building, Hiking, and so much more!
Modern Cabins with indoor shower/toilet facilities, Outdoor Pool, Sports Fields, Hiking Trails, Lake Hashawha, Nature Center, Pavilions, Dining Hall and more!
MEALS MAY INCLUDE
- Breakfast: Fresh fruit, yogurt, french toast, cereal, pancakes, scrambled eggs, milk, juice, sausage, bacon and more.
- Lunch/Dinner: Fajitas, chicken, tacos, meatball subs, veggies, salad, hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti and more.
Every effort will be made to accommodate special dietary needs.
All Y Associates are CPR and First Aid certified.
For your added convenience, there are several options available for camper drop-off and pick-up:
- On-site at Camp Hashawha: Campers can be dropped off at Camp Hashawha on Mondays at 9:00am and picked up on Fridays at 11:00am.
- The Hill Y in Westminster (Hill): Campers can be dropped off at the Hill Y in Westminster on Mondays between 7am - 10am and picked up on Fridays by 6pm. Transportation is provided to and from Camp Hashawha free of charge.
- Shuttle Bus Locations: A Camp Hashawha shuttle bus picks-up/drops-off at the Y in Arnold, the Y in Ellicott City (Dancel), the Y in Parkville and the Y in Abingdon (Ward). Non-refundable/non-transferable fee: $20 each way per child/per week.
|2019 CAMP HASHAWHA RATES*||$618.2/week|
PUH'TOK IN THE PINES (ENTERING GRADES 2-11)
Located on 67 acres of pristine woodlands and brimming with all the wonder nature has to offer, Puh'tok in the Pines in Northern Baltimore County (Monkton, MD) provide the quintessential setting where campers can unplug and return to nature and fun - no batteries or chargers necessary!
Puh'tok in the Pines, 17433 Big Falls Road, Monkton, MD 21111
PUH'TOK OVERNIGHT CAMP SESSIONS
|ONE WEEK SESSIONS||TWO WEEK SESSIONS|
|Session 1A: June 23 - June 28||Session 1: June 23 - July 5|
|Session 1B: June 30 - July 5|
|Session 2A: July 7 - July 12||Session 2: July 7 - July 19|
|Session 2B: July 14 - July 19|
|Session 3A: July 21 - July 26||Session 3: July 21 - August 2|
|Session 3B: July 28 - August 2|
|Session 4A: August 4 - August 9||Session 4: August 4 - August 16|
|Session 4B: August 11 - August 16|
Outdoor Cooking, Archery and Marksmanship, Climbing Tower, High and Low Ropes Course, Survival Skills, Swimming, Nature Studies, Native American Crafts and Dance, Double Zip Line, Pony rides and so much more! Activities vary based on age.
Campers enjoy our unique facilities. We offer rustic Native American and Wild West inspired dwellings, as well as modern chalets, log cabins, and an authentic fort. Many of our modern lodgings offer all the comforts of home including heat, air conditioning and full bathrooms.
Kids and parents love our associates of professionals and college students. All are certified in First Aid and CPR and have passed a stringent background check. A registered nurse is available around the clock.
For your added convenience, transportation is available to/from Puh'tok at the Y in Towson (Orokawa). The bus leaves the Y at 8am and returns at 5pm. The cost is $40/week round trip.
|2019 PUH'TOK OVERNIGHT RATES*|
|Ages||One Week Session||Two Week Sessions|
*Rates include $122 non-refundable deposit